26 Mar ICNF : 4th International Conference on Natural Fibers
It is focused on the latest scientific and technical advances in natural fibers and fiber-based materials.
It aims to represent a forum for exchanging ideas, presenting the latest developments and trends, proposing new solutions and promoting international collaborations.
Audience : various universities, research and technological centers, companies and all those interested in these amazing materials called natural fibers.
Loubna Lemkhanter, engineer at INRA/URCA FARE (Fractionnation of AgroResources and Environment) will present the COMPOSENS project during the event.
About the Conference
Due to the increasing environmental concern and depletion of non-renewable resources, natural fibres are greatly enlarging its range of applications in different industrial sectors including automobiles, sports, architecture, design and many others. Consequently, extensive technological and scientific research and developments are being undertaken by various institutes around the world, turning these amazing materials into eco-friendly value added products and stepping towards a greener world.
The path of the revaluation of natural fibers goes through the improvement of its production sectors, the continuous deepening of scientific knowledge in this area, new marketing strategies and indelibly, the generation of products based on natural fibers.
- Natural fiber reinforced biopolymers;
- Innovative natural fibers & structures;
- Functional natural fibers;
- Natural fiber modification techniques;
- Advanced fibrous structures based on natural fibers;
- Nanodimensional natural fibers;
- Natural fiber based polymeric composites;
- Green composites;
- Natural fiber based cementitious composites;
- Applications of natural fibers in high end sectors;
- Dates: from 1st to 3rd July 2019.
- Place: at Alfândega do Porto Congress Center, Porto, Portugal.
- Organisation: the University of Minho, through the Fibrenamics International Platform.